View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 03:01 AM   #289
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
The Kindle touch eink screen actually "autodithers" in Hardware when put in the right mode. no it doesnt... that was a mistake on my part. In fact the VLC player notices the need to dither and implements it. Go figure..

perhaps via https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=206917

and
mxcfbUpdateData.flags = EPDC_FLAG_FORCE_MONOCHROME;
mxcfbUpdateData.update_mode = UPDATE_MODE_PARTIAL;
mxcfbUpdateData.waveform_mode = WAVEFORM_MODE_A2;

(or the DX equivalents)
you could achieve a faster native update speed as the dithering in one of those "contrast" settings is most certainly "single bit" -

And then split the updates into the various sectors of the screen (I assume this is what you have done, the 2nd part)

With regards to your actual question...
As far as I know Geekmaster never stumped up that info of which you speak.
I too have longingly read that post a few times...

I believe he occasionally picks up his PM's from time to time, but I couldn't swear to it...

Hunting around in the relevant freescale header and seeing what is truly hardware possible is most likely the best bet...

Not an answer as such but hopefully a route to a solution.

EDIT: actually... thinking about it... how big is the virtual framebuffer on that thing?

eips -i

assuming it is 3 times bigger one could write to the off screen area and use the "pan" function to triple the visible rate... perhaps that was it?

Last edited by twobob; 11-02-2013 at 09:03 PM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote