View Single Post
Old 10-12-2013, 01:26 AM   #13
Julius Caesar
Addict
Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Of course Bezos insisted on DRM. He doesn't want anybody to buy ebooks from his site and use them with another device not made by his company. And he doesn't want anybody to buy ebooks from another company and use them with device made by his company. He wants a closed system in which he can control everything.

He does this by first insisting on DRM and second by insisting on a proprietary format no other company uses.

This is why I refuse to buy Kindle Fire or any other tablets that use closed system in which one must buy apps from the device manufacturer in order to use them with the device. We are losing control with Kindle e-reader already and I don't want to buy another device where Amazon or Apple can pull the string on me.

Last edited by Julius Caesar; 10-12-2013 at 01:32 AM.
Julius Caesar is offline   Reply With Quote