View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 11:23 PM   #11
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
If I were to sign that I might first ask: "Under what circumstances wouldn't you agree with us to remove the DRM from our books?"
Good question.
Off the top of my head, I'd guess that retroactive DRM-free publishing might be one case since it would require refreshing all the downloaded copies. If a big publisher decided to do it for all their titles the bandwidth cost would be substantial.

Beyond that, given that it is an Amazon-drafted boilerplate and that corporate lawyers strive to minimize their client's contractual obligations, it might not mean anything.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote