View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 10:16 PM   #10
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
I don't really read this as "insist". The potential to override is explicitly mentioned.

If I were going to question something it would be the fact that the clause states that the agreement to override this clause needs to be mutual. It might be interesting to understand why Amazon also needs to agree on a DRM-free position from the publisher. There might be something quite logical there that I'm unaware of, but if it's solely in the publisher's power to have DRM removed, I would expect the wording to reflect that. If I were to sign that I might first ask: "Under what circumstances wouldn't you agree with us to remove the DRM from our books?"
So many people have told me that I am wrong (including an engineer who has years of experience in negotiating contracts) that I am throwing in the towel.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote