View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 10:05 PM   #9
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Unless we mutually agree otherwise, we will use DRM in connection with the download of the eBooks, and we may use any available digital book DRM technology.
I don't really read this as "insist". The potential to override is explicitly mentioned.

If I were going to question something it would be the fact that the clause states that the agreement to override this clause needs to be mutual. It might be interesting to understand why Amazon also needs to agree on a DRM-free position from the publisher. There might be something quite logical there that I'm unaware of, but if it's solely in the publisher's power to have DRM removed, I would expect the wording to reflect that. If I were to sign that I might first ask: "Under what circumstances wouldn't you agree with us to remove the DRM from our books?"
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote