View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 06:37 AM   #252
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by xharekx33 View Post
I know you like the cybook, i loved it until the screen died too. But you constantly defending the company and treating us as retards who apparently cant help banging / dropping / sitting on / hammering their ebooks without "noticing", is at the very least, irritating.
I trust Tribble's data that fewer than 1% of the Gen3's that he sells have had problems more than uncorroborated accusations of "design flaws". The overwhelming majority of screen breakages undoubtedly are due to the machine being banged, twisted, having something heavy placed on the screen, etc. That doesn't make the people who do it "retards" - it's very easy to do something like that and not notice it, and the problem does NOT always show up instantly.

Do you really believe that everyone who breaks their screen is mentally retarded?

It is NOT only Gen3 owners who break their screens - I posted a link in my earlier post to a precisely similar thread for the Sony Reader, and if you go to the iLiad and Kindle forums you'll find no shortage of similar reports. Screens break - that doesn't mean either that the design is faulty or that the user is mentally deficient, as you seem to be suggesting.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote