View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013, 12:33 AM   #1
slammerkin
Star-gazer
slammerkin 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.slammerkin 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.slammerkin 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.slammerkin 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.slammerkin 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.slammerkin 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.slammerkin 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.slammerkin 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.slammerkin 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.slammerkin 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.slammerkin 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab3 (Retired Pandigital)
Inserting images into MetaData Comments Field in Calibre

QUESTION: How do you insert images into the comments section, when editing metadata, so that they show up in the actual ebook?

When I edit the metadata in Calbire (of an ebook), I add info to the “comments” box. Usually text, and images.
When I finish editing all the meta data, I convert the ebook, and use the option to insert the metadata as the first page in the ebook.

Normally, all the data I entered shows up when I load the converted ebook onto my reader- except images in the comment field. The images, and some of the formatting of the comments, disappear on the actual ebook, even though they show up when I initially add them into calibre. For example, I'll choose to center text, but it shows up L-R on the actual ebook. Some formating goes through- text color, for example.

The “comments” box in the metadata section actually has a toolbar for formatting (centering text, text and background color, etc.)- and when I'm in Calibre, it always shows the images I add, and the proper formatting- but so I know there must be a way to make it permanent. But once I convert it, adding the metadata as the first page, and I send the ebook to my device, the formatting goes to L-R for text, and images just disappear.

I'm almost always converting epub to epub, in case that matters; the conversion is just to update the metadata.

Any help would be hugely appreciated.
Thanks
slammerkin is offline   Reply With Quote