View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 11:28 AM   #93
parkher
Evangelist
parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BL Alita/Mimas/Ares, OB Note2/Note, KA One/H2O/HD, S PRS T2/T1, PB 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_bear View Post
@ parkher

Exactly my thoughts ... I am thinking to get a Sony, my sister has a T1 and she loves it, but the the front-lit screen is a deal breaker for me. If T3 comes with front-lit screen, I think I'll end up getting a T2.
T2 has better developed unofficial software than T1.

If you are thinking about getting a T2, keep in mind that it is now no longer safe to order it blindly even from US.
Firmware 1.0.04 is now reportedly not hackable even in the US models.
T2 currently is officially already "discontinued", but, I guess, it is still possible to find it with "good" firmware 1.00.00, 1.00.01, 1.00.02. 1.00.03.
But it is getting more difficult.

If you get it with the "good" firmware, you can root it and install AMR from rupor. Adds a lot of convenience to the original T2. Besides, as it becomes an open android, you can use the reader of your choice.
On T2, I read books with Cool Reader 3 built by jotas.
parkher is offline   Reply With Quote