View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 04:48 AM   #4
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Well then, respectfully, I'd suggest you consider lobbying that they add it in the way I've suggested that would be in line with their database philosophy. A pseudo file browser based on the user being able to specify the criteria for the sort that orders the titles one wishes to browse by. I think otherwise you will never see it, as there would likely be too much involved and too little gained.

The main limitation of a file browser is that you are constrained to only browsing in the hierarchy established by the file structure. If you order your files as Genre:Author:Title then want to look for a specific title you can't remember in a Genre you do remember and don't remember the author you are in for a world of hurt and in for a lot of directory hopping, whereas a browser configurable to show Genre:Title would allow you to drill down to the list of all the titles for that Genre without opening and closing endless Author directories. A huge time savings. That's why I'm in favor of such an approach, that and that they already have the database.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote