View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 01:32 PM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkuiper View Post
Do not overestimate me as a 'programmer', but I can manage the code view window and I know something about html.
Let me show you my work in progress:
It is an edition of a Dutch book printed in 1564.
I have no e-reader myself for more than one reason but I would like to share some editions of late medieval romances with people who do not read on dead wood stained with ink (as a collegue said).
I am satisfied with the result when I import this file in Adobe Digital Editions.
Yet I would like to be able to suppress the TOC headings for the reader without having to go to a programmers school.
It is not that I am lazy.
Editing the romance is more important than suppressing the chapter titles.
Moreover this is the simple version of the edition.
The real edition is also containing the French source.
But since epub cannot cope with footnotes I have discarded them for the epub edition.

Yours,

Willem
EPUB can deal with foot notes. They just are not identical to what you saw on paper
Call them chapter (or section notes). Put the notes at the end of each section(chapter). Use the Link and Anchor features of Sigil Six to place the linkages.

The user will need to know how to navigate 'links' with their model reader (done all different ways , but usually done)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote