View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 05:35 AM   #13
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
The problem here is a moral one Harry! and has been covered hundreds of times.

Is it criminal for me to download a pirated ebook? yes
is it criminal for me to download an ebook that I own the paper and hardback copies of? yes

Do I personally feel its wrong to download something I already own in another version. No. would I do it? yes

The main reason I would is it doesnt cost the publisher/author anything!

If i had a hardback and stole the paperback that would cost the publisher money!

If I have paperback and hardback so would not pay another 7.00 for the ebook and so DL it for free i have not cost the publisher money nor made them miss out on money they would of otherwise received.

that is why I would do it.

rather than setting up a way to punish me they should set up a way to sell to me!

A ebook for 99p when I buy the book from waterstones would be great! publisher makes more and Im happy.

They need to wake up to the fact that litigation has not worked for the music, movie or TV industry.
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote