View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 08:57 PM   #13
KevinShort
Addict
KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by lst View Post
Looks like some of them have a 8bpp interface to 4bpp hardware, with the top and bottom 4 being the same.

I'm **way** out of my depth here (decent on Python but embedded Linux - ) but if there's any way I can help sort this for those of us with these devices let me know.

Edit: looks like there's more detail on the kindle buffers here.
Thanks for the links, I'll take a look at them tomorrow. Saves me some time having to search for them.

And I have absolutely no experience with embedded Linux myself outside of my Kobo work.
I'm just a high school student who likes to fiddle with stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lst View Post
Out of interest, I saw the weather app makes a call to update the e-ink after the final pygame call - but did pygame itself need modifying to talk to a / the Kobo's framebuffer?
Nope, I didn't modify pygame at all. It already has support for framebuffers, so getting
it to work was just a matter of compiling python and pygame in a virtual machine for ARM.
KevinShort is offline   Reply With Quote