Thread: Ebook Price War
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 08:34 AM   #43
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkperez View Post
Wow, you're not kidding... I just did a quick check on 10 books that are on my "to get" list, and the prices are brutal... At THESE numbers, I'd expect the publishers and authors to be filing for bankruptcy any day now:

Baldacci, David The Forgotten $14.99
Barr, Nevada The Rope $9.99
Box, C. J. Back of Beyond $9.99
Brown, Dale Tiger's Claw $9.99
Child, Lee A Wanted Man $13.99
O'Connell, Carol The Chalk Girl $9.99
Patterson, James I, Michael Bennett $14.99
Patterson, James 11th Hour $14.99
Sandford, John Stolen Prey $14.99
Thor, Brad Black List $12.99

I'm not sure what the exchange rate is, but I think ALL these are a WHOLE lot more than "20p"...
All glass-tower produced "bestsellers"... did you really expect anything else from those folks?
Try some mid-list/back-list titles or some indies.
There's good reads out there that don't come with name-brand wallet-vacuuming.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote