Thread: Ebook Price War
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 07:48 AM   #31
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Quite possibly. And there's nothing to stop others mirroring the tools archive, and downloads from there won't have been counted either.

But in April this year, 19% of Americans owned an ebook reader, and 62% of them owned a Kindle. That's 60 million people with an ebook reader, of which 38 million are Kindles!

Clearly, there are lots and lots of people who are not (yet) concerned about the DRM on their ebooks.
Knowing that I could remove the DRM is enough for me. I don't have to actually do it. I'm intending to read my Kindle books on my Kindle and my Kobo books on my Kobo, at the moment.

I can't honestly remember if I've downloaded the tools or not.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote