View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 05:04 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
I love the generate catalog function. When I have it create an epub though, at the end of some book descriptions, sometimes at the end of each paragraph within the description, I often get this little symbol: �

I can't find anything consistent between the ones that show it or not. I've tried removing all formatting from those descriptions, sometimes that works and sometimes it makes no difference. I've tried removing all unnecessary html tags, and sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't as well.

Does anyone know why it's sometimes spitting out that little symbol?
There is a character in the text that is not supported by your reader (or current font set). Description originally came from someplace outsid Calibre. Who knows what is coded in that
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote