View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008, 12:40 PM   #56
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
I'll happily defer to the expert on whether the artwork uses gray in the original (what would I know), and if a few sample images are released that would be great to see. Even with pure b/w images (i.e. 1-bit deep), things like scaling can benefit from greyscales, so perhaps part of my experience is that I don't have access to correctly sized images, if you see what I mean.

That aside, I'd still like to see a bigger gray depth implemented on future devices, as there are lots of other "image content" forms that would benefit from this.

I hope you will provide us the chance to acquire original, limited edition art work at a reasonable price before you become fabulously rich and famous (and your work even more so....)
When you reduce the size of a 1-bit image, often the image editing software will help compensate for this with antialiasing, i.e. grayscale, so sure, every little bit helps. (ooh... bad pun. I almost never notice puns as I'm typing. I think I'll leave it in. )

Regarding "originals," I do all my work in electronic form, mostly with 3D software that renders to a 2D sketch form. I'm not sure what would constitute an "original" of such a work. But thanks for the compliment, anyway.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote