View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008, 12:33 PM   #55
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
No additional gray scale needed. Page size could be an issue-- I should borrow a Sony Reader from my local friend who has one, to test. I doubt I'd ever sell through the Kindle store, at least as long as DRM is a requirement. For now the manga will remain free. Once enough pages are done, I'll bundle them up in CBZ and PDF format for easier offline reading. I think it would be a bit cheeky to charge for a new work from a complete unknown.
I'll happily defer to the expert on whether the artwork uses gray in the original (what would I know), and if a few sample images are released that would be great to see. Even with pure b/w images (i.e. 1-bit deep), things like scaling can benefit from greyscales, so perhaps part of my experience is that I don't have access to correctly sized images, if you see what I mean.

That aside, I'd still like to see a bigger gray depth implemented on future devices, as there are lots of other "image content" forms that would benefit from this.

I hope you will provide us the chance to acquire original, limited edition art work at a reasonable price before you become fabulously rich and famous (and your work even more so....)
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote