View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 09:39 PM   #10
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovesMacs View Post
Hello all, new member here but fairly long time guest reader.

I have found that the Harry Potter books look different with the KT 5.1.0 update.

Prior to the update, the chapter illustrations were left-justified with no drop caps. Post-update, after archiving and redownloading the first book, the chapter illustrations and titles are now center-justified, with drop caps but otherwise the standard Kindle Touch typeface. So the Amazon Harry Potter books must be available in both mobi and KF8 formats, but without embedded fonts.
Just curious: which book are you looking at?

I have the first book and the mobi version is a little 'damaged': the images are not supposed to be left-justified, but centered (as they are in later chapters of the same book). The first paragraph style should also be the same as the later chapters, but is not.

In the KF8 version the drop caps are not aligned properly, it drops too far (top of drop cap should align with top of first line of text).

All they are doing is running their ePub file through kindlegen, which produces both Kindle formats. But unfortunately the quality control did not catch the above (easily corrected) problems, and I'm reluctant to purchase any more of the books until I have reason to think they won't have these problems.

I reported the problem to Pottermore, and have had a bit of email exchange with them but no word yet on when I might be able to get a fixed ebook.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote