View Single Post
Old 08-27-2011, 09:34 AM   #29
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
While I'm not happy about the switch from metal to plastic, it drops the weight on the 650 from 215g to 168g, that's a big difference. Although I'll admit I love the quality feel of the materials I get when holding the metal case, but it does tend to get very hot while reading in the sun so the plastic will probably help there.

While the cover seems to fasten it in more securely, which is a good thing (although I've never had a problem with my reader coming lose or falling out), it looks like that type of cover would prevent the use of some clip-on reading lights, such as the Versa, which I use during the summer.

I'm disappointed to not read about being able to change fonts, but I realize this unofficial info could be missing some items too, or have some things just wrong.

I will admit though that I absolutely hate the curved bottom design and wonder why any manufacturer would do that rather than just straight edges (yes, I even hate it on TVs and those aren't even considered to be purchased). It probably would be a deal breaker for me.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote