View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 11:01 AM   #20
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Happens all the time.
- If you run a server and you need to generate pictures containing text, pictures containing charts.
- If you are a Calibre developer and you need to process covers, or perhaps extract cover image from pdf file
- If you want to process pdf file to series of bitmaps for OCR . This happens inside OCR software.
- if you want to make a foolproof description of how to convert an image so it can be used as cover for PocketBook 360, for example you publish following command
Code:
convert escher01.png -quantize GRAY +dither -colors 4 -rotate "-90>" escher01.bmp
Have a look here for many, many examples of how Imagemagick can be used http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/
I'm a totally visual person and need to manipulate my images directly. Of course, my usage is completely different from what you listed above.

Quote:
Well, it depends on what machine you have.

Let's suppose you have Windows XP
Install Imagemagick from the site.
Now go to start menu, select "run" and type cmd to the prompt.
A Command Prompt - relatively small black window with a bit of text should appear.
Now type command convert to the Command Prompt and press Enter.
A long text will scroll in the window - describing all the command options 'convert' command has.
Now, let's forget about Users directory. From Graphical User Interface in windows make directory C:\work and put your files there.
Now, in Command prompt type C: and press Enter
Type cd C:\work and press enter
Now you can start working.
If you have bitmap called escher01.png in C:\work for example, you could run command
Code:
convert escher01.png -quantize GRAY +dither -colors 4 -rotate "-90>" escher01.bmp
to convert it into four color dithered greyscale and rotate it (but it will be rotated only if width is greater than height.)
Yes! I was able to get to this: "A long text will scroll in the window - describing all the command options 'convert' command has." but didn't know where to go from there. So make directory, put pre-prepared images, study the list of commands. Thank you! I'll have to leave it for later when I don't have such a high stack of papers in front of me.

OK, so I continued working on this, got the cmd prompt figured out and managed to convert the photo I want to use into an .img file. The problem is I too keep getting a file that's 1875000 bytes. Anyone have an idea how to get to 1920000 bytes on Windows XP?

Last edited by citac; 01-16-2011 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Additional question
citac is offline   Reply With Quote