View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 01:47 AM   #9
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceadugenga View Post
Firstly, when starting a sentence with e-Book is it e-Book or E-Book?

What do you do with the e-Book when you've finished reading? Decades of dropping books on the carpet by the chair is going to have to cease, I can see that. The prospect of my lady friend putting her dainty foot on $300 worth of iRiver doesn't bear thinking about.

I hear there are people who like to eat and read at the same time.
I suspect some sort of quasi-religious dietary rules may have to come into force here. The hand that dips the chips into the sauce will never turn an electronic page.

Wet area usage is another situation fraught with danger, many of us have dropped a book in the bath.

Will certain situations always demand hard copy books?

Thoughts and suggestions please.
I prefer not to use a capital letter in the middle of a word, I use e-book.

And I will never drop a book on the carpet by the chair. I have always preferred to put them on the table at least, or back where it belongs. The same with my readers. In bed, I often leave my reader(s) underneath my pillow, on the room behind the bed, on my nightstand or on the floor (usually, that's the case when they fall down from the nightstand, as was the case last night).

I will eat and read at the same time, handeling the device with the left hand, while I eat with the right. One huge positive point on my Mini, the availability of paging buttons on three sides of the device.

I've never dropped my reader in the tub. Just dry your hands before picking it up and don't fall asleep. But the same goes for paper books, they usually can't stand moisture neither....

For me, there are absolutely no situations that demand paper books. In the may years since I've been reading electronically, I've never come across a situation where a paper book would have been more practical than an electronic book.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote