View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 10:08 PM   #15
Xiaopanda
Addict
Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasymachus View Post
As you know, or ought to know, the EZ Reader doesn't really have full support for all the formats you claim. However the new firmware update improves support for EPUB dramatically. The previous firmware made EPUB files almost unreadable -- the formatting was terrible. The only flaw in the new firmware EPUB reader is that the zoom goes from very small to large, then super-large, then super-massive ... with no regular small or medium size.
Agreed! Epub looks great, but without a magifying glass, can be tough to read, and the step-up magification goes from Tiny to massive, totally unlike Mobi-pocket...and I am NOT re-formatting and changing fonts and whatever else.
Quote:
PRC/MOBI files work quite wonderfully, the same in the old and new fw. (I don't use DRM'd PRC files.)
Agreed, and this is why PRC is my preffered format, as well as being able to read these on a Kindle.

I like the EZ reader, and enjoy mobipocket prc files, but the others are pretty hit-and-miss IMO. Epub support need to be dramatically improved so the font size steps up reasonably and amybe being able to change font style, though that's not a deal-breaker.....
Xiaopanda is offline   Reply With Quote