View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 11:41 AM   #6
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Andybaby, what is wrong with augmenting and adding it to the existing BookDesigner Best Known Practices that has been in the Wiki for years?
because i thought it too long... no ones stoping you or anyone else though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
I think the information needs to be in the Wiki, but also in a document (book) which is available offline. There *will* be times that I'm building books and won't have access to a network. I've gone so far as to copy/paste some pertinent threads (or selected posts from those threads) into a document so I'll have the info offline.

Afterthought -- it would be really clever if the Wiki topic (and linked subordinate pages?) could be readily spun off into a document for offline use. Maybe using a "print" function?
Use any Popular Download Manager like Down them all(this one is a firefox extension) and download all the web pages. I havent done this in a while, but it would work.

there are also ways for the admins to set up a bulk download feature in the Wiki. Wikipedia.org does this, as well as weekly database dumps which you can index yourself, there are many ways, Including just going to a page an clicking save as.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote