View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 04:09 PM   #1
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
Nook ePubs on Kobo lose ability to change line spacing

I'm trying to convert Nook ePubs to ePubs for use on a Kobo Glo. I'm doing an ePub-to-ePub conversion before transferring the ebooks to the Kobo; I have Calibre 0.9.9.

The Kobo Glo allows me to use on-screen sliders to increase or decrease:

* Font Size
* Line Spacing
* Margins

Font Size and Margins work for my converted books, but Line Spacing stays fixed at some multiple of the font size (which seems to vary from book to book: I've got ones that give a fairly normal 2-point leading when using 10-point type, but also ones that give no leading -- 0-point -- at the same type size).

Obviously, something that should be stripped out of the source Nook ePubs isn't getting removed. I've already selected removing Fonts, Margins, and Padding. Is there something else I should strip out, or something I should add to the custom CSS?

Many thanks!

Rob
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote