View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 05:06 PM   #53
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Acting a little unhinged to distance your colleagues is a dangerous path to tread, but it made me smile all the same .
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
But if done correcly, the results can be spectacular.
You can create a personal force-field, protecting you from all manner of corporate nonsense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Truth is, I do it myself. I get on well at work, but no-one asks me home for dinner....
First you have to hold up your end at work. Second, you shouldn't be obviously spending a lot of time or making a lot of money at your "side line" or then it is considered competitive with your job, and also leads both to curiosity and jealousy, Third you should, whether you consider it "acting unhinged' or a "personal force-field" or just diversionary tactics, do it with a flourish or what I would call "hiding in plain sight." "Sleight of hand."

The wife provides a nice cover and explanation for many things. Besides, she is quite charming and that is a very good diversion in itself. ((She is always a good excuse, readily accepted.))
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote