View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 08:12 PM   #20
charjd
charjd began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Converting Epub to Mobi etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by srascal View Post
I have a client who wants to sell his book (in epub and mobi) directly from his high-traffic website. He does not want to sell the book on Amazon at all.

Does anyone know of a reliable way to convert from epub to mobi without using Kindlegen (which explicitly states that the generated mobi file must be sold on Amazon)?

I tried converting using Calibre, but a large part of the CSS, namely font-faces and margin-left, were stripped out. I tried adjusting the settings on Mobi Output to say "both" or "new" for the mobi output type, but the resulting file did still not have the CSS properties when I tested the files onto my Kindle Fire.

If you know of a way to zip mobi files with KF8 formatting and media queries by using the command line or any kind of software, please let me know. Thanks
You try try Scrivener for free for 30 non-consecutive days and see if that does what you want. Scrivener.com It convets files into ebook form or from File, Convert and then you choose the file type to convert to---makes it easy. I am just beginning to use this program. I bought it for $20. on sale but only 40. regular and does a lot for writers as far as oganization. There are online tutorials to help you.
charjd is offline   Reply With Quote