View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 07:48 PM   #36
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fvek View Post
I have not been following development for anything other than the touch. What's the differences between 3 and 5 that would affect this?

I choose frotz because it was the simplest z-machine to get up and running. Like I said, it compiled with only having to comment out the "won't run as root" check.

My Makefile changes were basic stuff: 1) change the values of CC, LIBS, and INCL to point to the cross-compile locations; 2) change PREFIX and CONFIG_DIR to "/mnt/us/bin" (probably not the best place -- what does everyone else's /mnt/us layout look like?); 3) comment out the sound support since that doesn't work.

There's other IF programs that support more things (like blorb, graphics, ALSA sound) and have built in file selection support instead of the kludge I used, so maybe we should look for an alternative as the Official Unofficial Kindle IF Player. I don't know which are the best ones out there, so any other suggestions?
Essentially very little.

It you can use the Code Sourcery 2007q3 TC to build then happy days. (That's more or less what amazon used and compatible with all the KUAL devices)

There is no default X target on the lover devices but you can either target the FB equivalents on the libs (this is the usual trick) or worst case we do have an X to pull up supporting resources for the terminal.

In your case I see the actual changes being almost zero. Target a lower curses (I'll give you a dx one say for science). rebuild with lowest common denominator TC. runs on all the later devices.

Where I can I build all my stuff like this now to provide the widest support.

Kterm needs re/building for the lower devices, I've been tinkering with it on and off all day. bits need ripping, but not much.

a complete offering would be of advantage to everyone obviously.

Much appreciate your consideration on this.

more detail on TC could be provided. Possibly you current TC would work perfectly well with the right flags and targeting the correct lower curses.

I would happily test.

I have my "extra compatibility" flags here...

CFLAGS="-O2 -ffast-math -march=armv6j -mtune=arm1136jf-s -mfpu=vfp -mno-unaligned-access -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -flto -fuse-linker-plugin -fno-stack-protector -U_FORTIFY_SOURCE "

CXXFLAGS="-fno-stack-protector -fno-use-cxa-atexit "

something along those lines.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote