View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 10:35 AM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by exaltedwombat View Post
That is the whole issue! If you start out creating your book, in Word or whatever, with the knowledge that it's going to become an eBook, you can keep it simple and auto-conversion may need very little intervention. If, however, you get 'clever' with the source, you're entering a minefield.

When I'm wearing my musician's hat, I see lots of discussion on how to 'fix in the mix'. I usually recommend going back and tracking the performance you wanted in the first place! There's a parallel in eBook construction.
If you start out creating your eBook in Word, you DEFINITELY will need to know HTML/CSS in order to clean out the mess that can be put in by Word. Even filtered HTML output from Word can be nasty.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote