View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 06:27 PM   #97
taustin
Wizard
taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennD View Post
I sure hope Barnes and Noble doesn't fail. I may be a rarity but I don't miss independent stores at all. My reading interests are primarily scifi/fantasy....if I go to a bookstore I want as large a selection of books to browse as possible. The big bookstores can provide that, the little independents can't.
That isn't necessarily true. The trick is to find the independent bookstore that specializes in specific genre(s). Mysterious Galaxy, for example, has more lineal feet of science fiction than my local Barnes & Noble, but at least a factor of two (and as much in mysteries, to boot). But nothing else.
taustin is offline   Reply With Quote