View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 06:24 PM   #96
GlennD
Wizard
GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS350, iPhone, iPad
I sure hope Barnes and Noble doesn't fail. I may be a rarity but I don't miss independent stores at all. My reading interests are primarily scifi/fantasy....if I go to a bookstore I want as large a selection of books to browse as possible. The big bookstores can provide that, the little independents can't. If I want something specialized I'll go through Amazon. If I'm looking for entertaining reading I'd prefer to spend an hour looking through a ton of books.

That's for new books - I do love the independent used book stores, because you simply never know what you'll find on a given day. Unfortunately (and a little ironically) I live in Vancouver, about twenty minutes from Powell's books. Powell's has pretty much destroyed the used book market in the area.
GlennD is offline   Reply With Quote