View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 11:51 PM   #3
PrinceNothing
PrinceNothing knows the square root of minus one.PrinceNothing knows the square root of minus one.PrinceNothing knows the square root of minus one.PrinceNothing knows the square root of minus one.PrinceNothing knows the square root of minus one.PrinceNothing knows the square root of minus one.PrinceNothing knows the square root of minus one.PrinceNothing knows the square root of minus one.PrinceNothing knows the square root of minus one.PrinceNothing knows the square root of minus one.PrinceNothing knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle Somethingorother
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Identify your model(s):
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers

Treat them as being "bricked" and follow the de-bricking guide in the top stick for the model.
Edit: Nevermind. I couldn't find some files but I found mirrors in an archive. I should be using 4.0 kernels with a 4.0 I assume? The guide I'm using is the noobs guide and they de-brick a Kindle Touch with 5.0 kernels

Update: Okay so I have all the files and 4.0 kernels and junk. Now in the guide it says that the kindle needs to be recognized as a human interface device or whatever. Now when I plugged the kindle in it automatically recognized it as a portable device and installed driver software. I kept resetting it trying to get it to recognize it properly but it stayed as a portable device. I decided to uninstall the driver software in hopes to get it re-recognized properly. But now it won't acknowledge the kindle at all. Neither as a device nor a human interface device or whatever. So I cannot move on to mfgtool yet. Can anyone help?

P.S. Since it probably matters. I'm running on Windows 7

Last edited by PrinceNothing; 12-09-2012 at 02:32 AM.
PrinceNothing is offline   Reply With Quote