View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 09:35 AM   #9
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasyfan View Post
Now this is the first time I have read a book by Elizabeth Peters. So can the rest of you who obviously have far more familiarity with her work tell me if Amelia continues to live up to her portrayal in this book? If so,I would be interested in reading more.
The books hold up well into the series and I don't mean to damn it with faint praise. I can't point to a particular book where I lost interest, but it was more than midway into the canon (now at 19 books). Generally speaking, the next generation (because Peters has Amelia and co. age and moves the timeline forward) isn't as interesting as Amelia and Emerson. There's much to entertain and to charm before the schtick gets tired, the fate of any series.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote