View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 12:15 AM   #28
VividTree
VividTree is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!VividTree is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!VividTree is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!VividTree is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!VividTree is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!VividTree is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!VividTree is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!VividTree is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!VividTree is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!VividTree is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!VividTree is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Kobo touch
Thank you everyone for taking a look and for your wonderful feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn
A better way than automatic currency conversion is to let the user set currency of choice. If I access from Sweden I'd be more interested in USD pricing, because that what I eventually would pay, than SEK pricing.
Ok, got it, I will provide a choice of currency. Or better a currency setting that can be remembered in a cookie, so that you don't need to change it every time you want to see the price. There's one complication as well - the filtering by price. I should probably make it possible to filter by price in the selected currency as well. But I'll do my best to add that functionality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cHex
But I can't shake the feeling that the filters are going to lead lots of people astray. Someone already very familiar with eReaders would be an ideal user of the site, but someone considering purchasing their first eReader will have no idea of the issues and tradeoffs involved.

A real novice might be glad if your site would take them through the features and discuss why a person might make one choice over another, and recommend feature sets based on user profiles, and point out features that come down solely to personal preference.
This is exactly the reason why I'd like to have a wizard mode as well, to guide people through simpler choices explaining the trade-offs along the way. This is already planned and hope I'll be able to add that functionality within a couple of weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell
VividTree, it looks great, but I see that you haven't yet included my favorite, the Ectaco jetBook Lite, as well as the original Ectaco jetBook.
Thanks for pointing me to these! Will add the Ectaco readers shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll
I love the idea. When I was first shopping for an ebook, I wanted those filters -- I wanted to filter by screen size, touch capability, and so forth. Love it!
Thank you anamardoll! I'm so happy it's useful! Looks like many people have the same trouble I had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins
Now it works like I expected it to
VividTree is offline   Reply With Quote