View Single Post
Old 02-23-2014, 06:02 PM   #4128
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinancialWar View Post
https://code.google.com/p/prs-plus/wiki/InstallGuide

Is this installation guide?? I have no idea.
Yes, where it says "Check readme.txt." Just download the newest correct version for your reader which is 2.1.02alpha for the 350. Unzip the file and read the text file included, it has all the directions, which basically is connect your reader, double-click the .exe file and it will install to the 350.

Here's the entire instructions from the file:
Quote:
Installation:

Warning: MAKE SURE YOUR READER IS AT LEAST 75% CHARGED before starting installation!!!

1) Connect your reader to the PC
2) Double-click the setup.exe on the PC. The program will give you all necessary instructions on your PC screen.

Linux / MacOS users

You will need Windows for the first installation.
Subsequent updates could be installed by simply unpacking update.zip to internal memory and rebooting the reader.
The rest of the page gives you a sample of how to set up your own custom stylesheets so you can change fonts from within the reader. You can add as many fonts as you like. I have maybe a dozen installed still from the original testing of various fonts until I settled on my favorite font and size, which is Lexia DaMa for me. You will create a separate stylesheet for each font you want to add, name them anyway you want to identify which font it is.

The only thing I'd add is that normally there are 4 font files you should include: normal, bold, italic and bold italic. Be certain your filenames within your stylesheet exactly match the filenames of the fonts themselves, including capitalization. Both .ttf and .otf font files will work fine. Then it's a simple matter to change fonts on the fly from the reader provided the book didn't embed fonts and special coding that will override your new stylesheets. Then you have to open up the epub in Sigil, strip the fonts and delete the font-family and size references, save and done. I believe Calibre can do this now also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_C View Post
Well, when I change the font, I have to go back and forth several times changing font size and line height until the proper size "settles in". Sometimes I think it is OK, but then every other chapter in a book will have one font size while the others have a 2nd size.

This is consistent across two 350's, several books, and several fonts.

Sometimes this behavior seems to go away if I do the changes through the main PRS+ settings menu instead of from the individual book. But not always.

In the end, it all works. But it's still kind of frustrating.
I've never had this happen and I've been using PRS+ since I got my first 350 in January 2011. Does it happen to every book or only sometimes? It's possible there's conflicting lines in the stylesheet.css that's included in the book is my only guess.

If you post more info here, I'm sure the developers or other users will try and help you out.

Last edited by Ripplinger; 02-23-2014 at 06:06 PM.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote