View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 06:28 AM   #1
maman
maman began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
M92 SD-Card issue

I have been using my Boox M92 for some months now.
And from the very start I encountered an issue, that has
not brought up in other posts as far as I can see. So it might
be a problem with my particular device.

When I put in a SD-Card, it will most often (but not always!) be recognized as "read-only". For some odd reason, my M92 thinks the card is "write protected", even though I did not lock it using the switch on the side of the card.
Of course, It is then impossible to transfer files onto the SD-Card and whenever I make annotations to a file stored on the card, they won't be saved.

Sometimes, but very rarely, the card is recognized correctly with the permission to write. But as soon as I remove the card and put it in again, this changes again.

I tried three different SD-Cards:
- Patriot LX SD 32GB
- Transcend Extreme-Speed Micro SDHC 32GB Class 10 (with SD-Adapter)
- SanDisk 1GB

Another issue, that might be related to this: After some time (about 10 min) of being connected to the USB-Port of my MacBook, the M92 will suddenly loose its connection and behave as if I had pulled the cable. My MacBook then brings up a warning, that a USB-Device was not removed correctly. This happens even while files are being transferred to the device.

Those issues occurred no matter what firmware was installed. Safely removing the SD-Cards does not change anything. I really tried to find any regularity as to when the SD-Card is recognized correctly and when not, but could not find out anything.

Any suggestions? Anyone with the same / similar issues?

Matthias
maman is offline   Reply With Quote