View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 01:52 PM   #71
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtterBooks View Post
From a straight competition standpoint one would think Amazon would leave Netflix out, but Netflix streaming is such a huge deal for tablet users that Amazon would be wise to accept it, as did Apple despite their iTunes store, unless their own streaming service has some kind of explosive inventory growth at or shortly after launch. I don't think we know yet one way or the other.

Biggest thing I see hurting the Lenovo is the CPU. Joe Average consumers may not know or care about there differences between OMAP3 and OMAP4, but they understand "dual-core." The Fire is gonna be a straight media consumption leisure device. The A1 has more functionality for productivity/active use, due to the cam/gps/sd slot...

For general apps, reading magazines and social networking, the A1's ARM8 is fine. Anyone looking to play games beyond Angry Birds would likely not compromise the Fire's OMAP4/SGX540gpu for an OMAP3 with a camera. imo. That's assuming my info is accurate.
I thought I read on one of the threads here at MR that Amazon's VP of Kindle was in talks with Netflix regarding the App. This was just what someone posted. I haven't read anything in the news or such.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote