View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 03:41 PM   #2
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtakahashi View Post
From the Barnes and Noble Refund and Returns Policies

Items That Cannot Be Returned
We are unable to accept returns for NOOK Books, magazines, downloadable PDFs for SparkNotes products, gift cards, and shrink-wrapped items that have been opened. Please note: Once purchased, NOOK Books cannot be refunded.

I bought a Nook book whose printed counterpart has a DVD that the author refers to. eBooks do not allow access to additional content such as cd/dvd. I had to go to the publisher's site where I could buy a printed book/eBook (all formats!) combo. I asked B&N for a refund and this is what I was told.

The competition has a limited window in which you can return, but it would have taken care of me in this case...I asked for the refund the night I purchased the Nook book.

So, let the buyer beware!!!!

David
B&N will give a refund when problems mean you cannot read a book (very bad formatting, a lot of errors, the wrong content, etc.), but not for other reasons. This is true for most ebook stores.

As far as I know Amazon/Kindle is the only store where you can just return an ebook. And that policy is quite controversial as some people use it to read ebooks for free. Something authors are not happy about.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote