View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 01:55 PM   #11
ahhahh
ahhahh began at the beginning.

Device: Irex DR-800S, Sony PRS-505
I have just installed the beta fw.

Everything seems to be working fine, except a couple of times that, while reading a pdf, the menu was not completely painted (just the border), and I had to use the bar to move to the next element to get the content of the menu shown.

One thing I have noticed, and has not been mentioned, is that epub margin numbers seem to be gone!!!! For me, that's great, I just hated them.

Notes and pdf scribbles seem to work just fine.

Pdf zoom: it works, but you need to get used to it, and a few modifications would make the DR800 the perfect device in my opinion.
This is how I got it to work: first, you have to select Zoom/Selection Zoom, and select the area of the document, and the zoom is remembered when you go to the nex page. If you select a smaller area of the page, you can select Zoom/Pan, and then you can move the page with the stylus, or with the bar (up/down only obviously). Bad thing is while in pan mode, the bar moves up/down the page, but not to the next page. For that, you need to use the arrows in the menu bar with the stylus.

Also, you can't make annotations while in pan mode, as just one mode is active at a time.

I agree having the modes clickable in the menu bar would be much more comfortable to use. Also, I'd love to use the pan mode with just the reader bar, so one push moves down the page and a longer push goes to the next page, for example.

All in all, I think this firmware is a great improvement and this is going in the right direction. And we are still in April!

Thanks iRex!
ahhahh is offline   Reply With Quote