View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 12:46 PM   #8
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Quote:
Originally Posted by nboshart View Post
An article from ZDNet on how Calibre could allow students to buy a cheaper eReader and actually use it for course material. If it catches on, it could be the tipping point for educational ereading.

http://education.zdnet.com/?p=3575
I think the $150 price point might be a bit low, or unrealistic. In my opinion, and much of this is just personal preference, the ability to highlight and take notes in the books themselves is a huge study aid. I don't see a decent quality reader coming out with the requisite touch screen in the $150 price range.

And if it does then I think Kovid needs to add some support for notes and highlighting. Of course that would be device specific so maybe that is where some money may be made.
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote