View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 11:53 AM   #20
Papi
Addict
Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle NT, PRS-650
OK I understand now. I didn't try the "send to memory stick functionality" so I didn't see the MBF file.
As for the replacement, I simply copied a modified version of the original English -> French directory into /opt1/dict, and then did a mount --bind to replace another dictionary (the Nederlands -> English one). I see no errors in the log, but got no successful result. I edited the modified dictionary to put the correct name inside (CDUS125D0000????), I even tried to copy the entire header (anything starting from the beginning to the name) from the target dictionary to the modified one, but that didn't work either. Now I will try to mv the original dictionary file, and copy my modified file as the original one, so I'm sure it's not mount --bind which causes a problem.
But even if that does work, it seems we are stuck with BBeB dic Studio working only with Shift JIS encoding, and that encoding has only "basic" letters, so no é à ç è ã ö, etc. So without a proper software to create a msd file, and without knowledge of the msd format, it seems hard to get a good functional dictionary. Maybe there's a way to implement the functionality using another dictionary format. I hope the PRS+ team succeed whatever the way.
Papi is offline   Reply With Quote