View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 12:31 PM   #12
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by IchBinIch View Post
The Reader has no problem with the SDHC card. Only calibre hasn't recognized it as an internal memory. I have more than 8 GB of pdf-Files and epub's on the sd card and the reader just works with it.

But it would be much easier if i could use calibre for managing the data on it.
Calibre sees Sony-connected cards as USB drives. Thus, first and foremost, your O/S must correctly identify the card's drive ID information. Beyond the tests for drive name (Sony mandated), the only test it makes is to be sure if the Sony database is not on the card, then calibre can create one. If it cannot, then the card is ignored. To say again, this test is done by opening a file on a drive.

Run debug device detection to see if your OS (you never do say what you are using) properly reports the drive to calibre. Post the results here. My guess is that the card is not being properly reported.

If device detection does see the card, then check that the file Sony Reader/database/cache.xml is on the card and writable.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote