Thread: Plagerism Okay?
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 03:49 PM   #9
Kemp
Zealot
Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
It's not that it was coincidentally similar. She took an entire page, changed a couple of words around. This isn't an homage; it's not flattery. It's barely short of theft. Whereas I don't think that one page in a novel is worth suing over, it makes me consider this author a lazy hack.

I mean, there's nothing wrong with saying, "Wow, that's a brilliant idea!" and using something like that, but to outright take someone else's words... I just can't respect it, especially when she seems unashamed of what she did.
Kemp is offline   Reply With Quote