Thread: Router sharing
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 03:45 AM   #16
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
I have now had the time to make the change.
However, in my setup all I can do is create a Guest Zone. I have no settings for how many IP addresses I allow, nor for how much bandwidth I'm willing to allocate. The only thing I think I can fiddle with are some time limitations, like on between 6am and 5pm every weekday.
I have not read the manual for your device, but you can vary the number of people by setting up a account for each and issuing passwords.

There is one thing people don't realize.
You can plug another router into the first.
When I got a new service recently, U-Verse. The installer ran a new cable from outside to where my computer sat. Then for expediency I guess, he just plugged the old wireless Trendnet router which had gone into a modem on the old DSL line into the wireless U-Verse box. This was quick because no passwords had to be put into the devices that were on the old service.

Later, after realizing what he had done, I pulled the old wireless Trendnet router out of the wireless 2Wire Router, and changed the passwords on the connected devices. Likewise I moved the one long Ethernet cable that had been in the old router over to the new router.

What I don't know is how many addresses will the first router handle and how it handles addresses from the second router, or is that idea not applicable.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote