View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 12:13 PM   #18
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjalawyer View Post
I'm going to be honest, I'm about 2 hours in to the audio book (which is only about 7 hours total) and I'm not loving it. The main character just doesn't "click" for me, and even I, someone who really likes Google, find the breathless panting over Google to be grating.

And, this is stupid I realize, but I just can't stand when characters that are supposedly in their mid 20s to early 30s use the word "dude" in dialogue. Really? Do people really talk like that? I'm in that age bracket and haven't heard someone use the word "dude" unironically since the 90s.
The author was probably in his 20's in then late '80s or early '90s.
I used to work with some one who always used the word Dude. Of course he was 21 in 1988. I never liked the way Dude was used and hope it never makes a comeback.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote