View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 10:10 PM   #677
Micah
Bluefire Reader dude
Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
Micah, will you consider adding the usual suspects in terms of free sources, and give the option to add yer own (the latter at the very least). I'd like to see the Baen Free Library in there, as well as Munseys and Project Gutenberg. Those on top of Feedbooks would be a nice rounded selection. The capacity to add your own will also give those of us unable to access our books through calibre, the option to stick them online somewhere and access that way.

Can't help re the upgrade to iOS5, I didnt have the reader on board until after the upgrade when I was looking for a Stanza replacement.
Yes, supporting user added OPDS is a goal. We have had a vision where we could provide a search feature across all OPDS feeds so you could find out where the book you are looking for is available, and to do that we handle OPDS parsing on the server side rather than the client. So what you see in Get Books is an dynamically generated HTML5 app, reading binary data streams from our server that transforms the OPDS into binary Java Objects. OK, way too geeky, but long story short, supporting all OPDS feeds in the world is a bigger effort for us than it might sound. Working on it...

Last edited by Micah; 11-04-2011 at 10:11 PM. Reason: typo
Micah is offline   Reply With Quote