View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 10:20 AM   #4
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamsterRage View Post
Wow. I think I tried to read one of her books once, but only got a few pages in before I gave up.

What would you suggest as a good starter book?
If you want to start reading the Miles Vorkosigan series, I think I'd start with Shards of Honour, which, along with Barrayar, is kind of a setup book. If you wanted to skip the setup you could just start with The Warrior's Apprentice.

Or, if you want something not quite so military you could read The Sharing Knife which has a little bit of romance tied in with the fantasy and concludes in three books.

I hope you give her another try. I know that we can't all like the same things, but I really think she stands out in her field. :-)
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote