View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 03:26 PM   #22
Lutraa
Well Read
Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK 3G, K4B, Nook HD+, Galaxy S3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsu View Post
Thanks for all of your responses, guys. You've made it seem much less daunting to try to choose what to read pre-emptively.

I think I'll do as Katsunami does and load a few series onto my Kindle and 10 - 15 "regular" novels at a time. I'm sure that once I'm used to it, it won't bother me as much. The next step is to afford the Kindle.
This is a good idea, Tsu. There's been a recent thread about Kindle indexing issues (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=205727). The consensus is that it's not a good idea to try to load too many books onto your Kindles all at once.

Personally, I choose to keep my book collection in Calibre and back up my HDD frequently, but then I don't like clutter on my Kindle, and I live in an area with unreliable internet access. I get a real sense of satisfaction when I delete a book I've just finished from the K, add a "read" custom metadata tag to it in Calibre, and load up the K with books that have been waiting in the wings.
Lutraa is offline   Reply With Quote