View Single Post
Old 03-02-2005, 10:30 PM   #1
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Sharp prototypes color e-book reader

This story travelled from a Japanese business site (dead link) to SorobanGeeks and then to Gizmodo where I actually found it:

Sharp has shown a prototype eBook reader with a screen that is only 1mm thick — inside the transparent plastic case that is obviously much thicker. Although they don’t plan to have the technology in saleable form until 2007, they already have one major leg up on Sony (and I’m not just talking about the color screen); since eBooks have already been a major part of Sharp’s Zaurus campaign, their library already has around 7000 titles, compared to Sony’s meager 100 or so.

Who knows, if the recent stories on the demise of the PDA are true (I really don't want to hear about it anymore), a color e-book reader will be exactly what we need in 2007 (you'll never find me reading e-books on smartphone devices with current screen sizes!).
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote