View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 11:44 PM   #1
BurBunny
Zealot
BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2.0 In Hand
A Huge Thank You

On February 9, I came here following a link in one of the K2 announcement blogs. After having followed the Kindle since its original announcement, I thought I knew a lot about it. I now know how little I actually knew. Silly me thought I had to get all my content from Amazon, for example.

My new K2 has arrived, and I'm so happy to say that she is now loaded with 6 books, none of which are from Amazon. No, I'm not anti-Amazon, I'm pro-pocketbook. The more I can find from libraries and other sources in my top-tier of books, the less I'll spend, making the K2 even more of a great investment.

I've successfully checked out, downloaded and converted 2 library books, the free content guides from here and feedbooks, a free book from here and a .pdf book from Oprah. I've created the PID, worked books through calibre and mobipocket, and corrected titles with mobi2mobi.

I cannot begin to thank all those who have created and updated the relevant Wikis, Kovid for all his work with Calibre, the other programmers who have created the scripts and proggies, the hosting team and all the very knowledgeable members here who have enabled this geek-lite to figure out how to do all this and unlock the power of the K2.

After all this, purchasing a book from Amazon will be anticlimactic! But I am looking forward to my first previews and purchase nonetheless.

Oh yes, by the way, I LOVE this new K2! It's so comfortable in my hands. The stick mouse is very comfortable to me (I've used an IBM/Lenovo laptop for about 10 years, so that's nothing new). The menus and commands are making sense fairly quickly. It's forgiving while I experiment around with learning it. Having read the user guide in advance helped, but it's still very intuitive for whatever logic I possess.

So now it's time to get OFF the boards for a bit and enjoy this wonderful new toy and actually do some reading! Thank you all! ::
BurBunny is offline   Reply With Quote