Old 01-28-2013, 09:29 AM   #16
Carpman
Connoisseur
Carpman began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Pro
Kobo Arc

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsalter View Post
Does the Arc use the generic Android kobo App?

I have only used the Vox, and on this the Android app from the play store did work (before an update broke it),but it was not the same as the app that came pre installed
Hi

The Arc does not come with the Android Kobo app, I say this because I have his and hers Arc's, my Arc has a different file structure to my wife's. To try and solve this I downloaded the Android version from the Play store, my file structure remains different to my wife's.

I was unsure if this would be a problem, I posted a question on here and also via the Kobo help desk, I was not surprised NOT to get an answer, despite being told on here that my question/problem would be passed up the line!

My brother also has a Kobo device, he too passed a question to the help desk, simple thing about forgetting his password, I accept that that is his mistake, however it took Kobo 10 days to resolve what I would consider a simple problem.

Whilst I like my Arc, my brother likes his, I have no real faith in the Help Desk and the Kobo guys on here have been transported to another dimension methinks. I just feel at the moment Kobo is a victim of it's own success.

The Arc works fine with the Android version of the software but this version is 100% NOT the same as what Kobo installs at the factory.

Device 100%, brilliant in fact, I reserve judgement on the support team!

Just to keep the record straight and true, in a former life I too worked on a computer help desk and spent time undertaking system testing and design so I feel my opinion is valid.

Regards
Carpman is offline   Reply With Quote